Choir at Its BEST!

The+BEST+choir+just+keeps+getting+better...+and+it+all+begins+in+the+choir+room.+Emma+Mitchem+photo.+
The BEST choir just keeps getting better... and it all begins in the choir room. Emma Mitchem photo.

Sierra Day and Victoria Dejarnette

In today’s society, music is an important part of our every day lives. Whether it would be band, choir, or just your favorite artist in general. People pass their time listening to music or making music.

Beckley Stratton Middle School choir trains extremely hard to perfect their music. Every day in each grade, they participate in this class by doing vocal warm ups and singing songs to get ready for any school event like, pep rallies. Bella Staples, an eighth grader, says “This is my first year,” and recalls on how she was scared to join.  After choir had begun, she was more confident and enjoyed singing each day. Even though joining choir may be scary, Lesleigh Ball, a fellow eighth grader, states that “It is an extraordinary way to show your talents.” Ball also refers to how the choir works together “Everyone can shine in their own way.” Ball mentions why members of choir take it serious and love creating music. We all love to listen to music which is why we all love listening to choir.Mrs. Bickford, the choir and band teacher, loves seeing the kids faces “especially if they are smiling faces.”

Each day, students head to choir in hopes of becoming better musicians. During the minimal performances that choir have, they do a wonderful job, and each time they mange to get better. Students at our school are influenced each day by teachers and Mrs. Bickford is making a positive impact. The choir went from being bland to having everyone on their feet moving. With every performance usually has a positive outcome. 6th grader Emily Smith states “Singing with everyone is really entertaining. What I was scared about was my voice not being able to fit in.”

Students in the BEST choir are growing musically each year. Everyone is getting more amazing at what they do. They exemplify our motto “striving to be the BEST and nothing less.”