• GO BULLDOGS!!!!

• Welcome to THE BEST TIMES newspaper!

Beating Our Rivals

Roadrun-Over

Jayden Shrewsburry, Staff Writer

Students and staff got fired up on September 28th at a whole school pep rally. Students who excelled both in academics and sports were recognized in front of their peers.

Mr. Smith, Principal, first announced the 6th, 7th, and 8th grade students who received a perfect score on their Smarter Balance Assessment last school year. Several students at each grade level received a perfect score on both the ELA and Math sections of the test.

After those students were congratulated for their hard work, Mr. Smith called down the fall sports teams one at a time. The crowd cheered as the players were celebrated on the basketball court. Fall teams announced were the soccer team, cheerleaders, football team, cross country, and lastly volleyball. The BEST band and choir led the gym full of staff and students in many foot stompin’ beats to get even more pumped about the rival game that evening.

The night of the big crosstown rival ball game was one for the record books. Everybody in the crowd could tell our team was hyped up and ready to beat the Park Middle School Roadrunners. Students were watching the game and ready to win just like our players!

Our lead scorer, 8th grader Maddex McMillen, made an incredible 80 yard rushing touchdown in the 4th quarter. “I felt very comfortable running the ball because I knew my teammates had my back like I had theirs, so I was very confident,” said McMillen.

The atmosphere of the stadium was electrifying as students and adults watched the game. The turnout of BEST students was astonishing. During halftime, the band performed and got the crowd loud for the second half of the game. “It was really fun to have Mrs. Bickford leading us on,” said Elijah Morgan, a 7th grade band member. Come out to support your Bulldog football players, cheerleaders and band members at the next game.